Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Baby Shower Saga: Guest Note Cards

The baby shower saga continues. See how it all started, here.



I spent way too long fiddling with colors and size, but I am pleased with the results. 

Here they are-
the baby shower message cards!
What I love about them-
They have just enough of the Pooh theme.
    There is plenty of room for people to write lots of warm fuzzies on there.
      They can be kidnapped in post-party clean up to be used later in a scrapbook.
      (sneaky me....mwahahha!)


      Room for improvement-

      I printed them on regular paper and was disappointed.

      They were way too flimsy, look how see through it is. It was cheap looking..gahhh!



      Ignore the spongy green and brown pieces underneath. I was testing some inkpads (explained further down).  

      The next few minutes went something like this:
      1. Get frustrated and walk away
      2. Complain to the hubby
      3. Walk away from hubby when he tells me "she'll like whatever you do." Men just don't get it, do they? 
      4. Admit silently to myself that he is totally right.
      5. Regroup. Think Logically.

      Still here? Okay...

      The flimsy problem is easy to fix-
      I have tons of 12"x12" cardstock stashed away (I always take them out of my scrapbook refill pages). If you don't hoard cardstock, you can find some for cheap at any craft store.
      Cut it down to 8.5"x 11.5", printed a test sheet. Much better!
      but..... I think it is still just too white.



      Solution: printed it on creme card stock. It warms it up but is light enough to still be used as a message card. Sweet!

      I sliced and diced 'em down and dabbed a green stamp ink pad along the edges to add a pop of color. 

      I printed a quick sign with instructions for guests to sign the cards on 4"x 6" photo paper and stuck it in an empty frame, to be displayed with the cards.  



      Here they are finished and ready to go! What do you think??



      Want 'em for your own baby shower adventures?

      You got it!  

      To save them to your computer:
      Right click the image below, click save image as, and type in a file name.

      To print: Make sure you click the full page option, and do not fit to page. Easy peasy!

      Enjoy!



      No comments:

      Post a Comment