Monday, May 2, 2011

So, how does this baby shower thing work?

I was the first of my college friends to get married.  I thought it was so funny when they'd ask, "so how does this whole bridesmaid's thing work? What do we have to do?"

Now the tables have turned. My good friend and her husband have welcomed home their beautiful baby boy!!  In a brief lapse of sanity I volunteered to do decorations.

By request of the new mommy, the theme is Winnie the Pooh.

I'll admit it - when I heard pooh I thought of yellow and red . Immediately I went into prinary color overload, thought of McDonald's and cringed a little. Eekk.


You can imagine my relief when I got the invitation in the mail and saw that the host picked up earthy-toned Baby Pooh invites and other part paraphanalia. Okay, not totally original but deffinately do-able.




It's this weekend. errmmmm ya... 
... what's a baby shower first-timer to do? 
 Mild panic set in and I did the only thing I could think of-

Frantically start searching blogs for help!

A few hours later, I am armed with with these inspirational tutorials/images and a cup of wine..


Let's do this thing!

SO here's what I'm thinking:

  • Colors: somewhere in-between the pastel - to - summer brights color scheme like these
  • Patterns: Polka dots and Circles
  • Images: Classic Pooh and honey bees

Here's what I have so far:
  • Circles cut for garlandy thing
  • Message cards designed
  • Baby's name in polka dot paper (not sure how to incorporate that yet??)
  • Many papercuts
So far it's been fun, and I think It can still come together

but oh.   good.   grief...

...it has been UBER time consuming.

I wouldn't wish the paper cuts I've gotten on anyone.... Which is why when this is all done, I'll save you from the agony and provide you all with the free printables :)

edited: Free printables are now available here.



No comments:

Post a Comment