Monday, November 5, 2012

Two New Totes

I have two totes to share with you today!

The first is this simple reversible tote bag made using this tutorial from Skip to my Lou.
Swap Goodies for Lynn - Tote BagSwap Goodies for Lynn-Tote Bag (inside)
I made it for Lynn (fellow bee in the do Good Stitch's Wish Circle). She said she liked pink, blues and red, and I really like this combination! It was a good way to make a dent into my huge box of charm squares. Hope she likes it! 

It's been a while since I sewed something for myself. I think it was worth the wait....
I had to throw out my favorite purse a few weeks ago. I was using a big canvas tote as a temporary solution.
before tote
After two months of being annoyed that the straps were too long and everything sunk to a tangled mess in the bottom, I decided to give it a face lift.

Okay, maybe it was more than a facelift. It was a total reconstruction.
Finished Leaf Tote

I used the same basic construction/piecing from the Skip to my Lou tutorial.

I added a little hook for my keys, a pouch for my cell phone and divider in the center to hold pens and cards.
Finished Leaf Tote (inside)

It's my mona lisa.  Okay that might be a stretch, and it took a fair amount of trial and error, especially on the back pocket.
(see the blue 'extension' to the zipper ends?
It wasn't a mistake, it was a creative opportunity... cough cough)
Finished Leaf Tote (back) ww
but it's all mine and it makes me smile!

Leaf Tote Label

Does anyone else get this excited about having an organized purse?? 

Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

  1. The feather bag is just a beautiful piece of functional art. Sooo love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You did a great job re-constructing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is gorgeous, love your re-creation...especially the leaf/feather and the gorgeous hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent bags and super color choices.

    Kids Games

    ReplyDelete