Sunday, July 13, 2014

3rd Qtr FAL Projects

Here we go, upward and onward to Finish-A-Long Quarter 3!
Stop over to check out the link-up at the Littlest Thistle, where Katy is leading the charge on finishing projects!


A bunch of items from my 2nd quarter list will get rolled over to the 3rd quarter.

I'm not too torn up about it though, because even those projects that remain unfinished, have seen substantial progress.



Part of it is good ol' peer pressure.

I find it harder to make excuses when I have put my goals out here in blogland.



Plus, I always work better under a strict timeline. I'm telling ya, deadlines work!




Small projects-

1. MQG Michael Miller Fabric Challenge Quilt.

I'm using a bunch of solid charm squares that I received from this swap eons ago. Yay for using on hand fabric! I think the charms pulled look pretty good with the Challenge Fabric, Petal Pinwheels. Deadline is end of July, so this should be a gimme finish for Q3.

2. Duck QFK

Going into Q2 this was still in strips. Now it's ready for basting and quilting. For the quilting, a few people have suggested 'waves', so I'll be giving that a try.


3. Turtle QFK
Are we seeing a theme here? Top is pieced and needs to be basted. I am reaaaallllyyy looking forward to sending these Quilts for Kids tops off to their forever homes. 


4. Scrap-basket strip quilt-


 No progress made on this one in Q2. Let's get 'er done!

5.  Halloween Table runner-


Need to re-do the black border. 

Big projects-

6. The maroon and orange one-
Same as Q2, these blocks are sewn, squared, and ready to go! I need to start joining rows. 

7. Sister's grad quilt-

I did make progress during Q2 on this this bad boy! I've been slowly giving it the straight line quilting treatment (using a walking foot on my Babylock Melody machine). I've showed it to sister in it's current state. She's coming to visit again in 3 weeks, so it would be nice to have more quilted by then.

8.  Anniversary quilt-


Hubby's and I celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary in August. I don't see it getting done by then, but I'm keeping it on the list to keep me honest.

9. Rainbow Made in Cherry-

I only had 5 of the 8 color points sewn in April, when I put this on my Q2 list.

Here it is, and for the 3rd quarter it is all pieced!!
{Photo from CAMQG's Flickr}

I got to share it at the CAMQG's June meeting (that's me on the right), which felt great.  
Next, I have to decide if this is going out to a longarmer or if I am feeling bold enough to try to do this one myself. Decisions, decisions..

10. Across the sea


My first online Quilt -a-long project hasn't had much love lately. This needs the last white border pieced on, before it too gets basted. 

11. Sisters quilt-

No progress made over Q2. The next step on this project is cutting the background fabric strips out. 

12. Mod mosiac bonus quilt-

This is an improv project, and the goal is to use up scraps. Since this is a 'bonus' quilt I am not putting the pressure on to finish it this quarter.  I'll put it here though to keep track of it though. 


If you haven't already, I encourage you to join in for the 3rd quarter round of the finish along! But hurry, the deadline to join up is fast approaching!


If the motivation alone didn't make it worth it, there are some awesome prizes to be had as well!
Finish Along 2014

Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment