Thursday, July 21, 2011

This Quilt has No Name

because right now it sort of resembles a jelly roll on steroids!

My sister and I are doing this together- Same pattern, same fabrics, and a whole lot of sister 'tude.
SO EXCITED!  

The Story
My mother and sister were in town this June on their way to visit family in Indiana. I took them to my local fabric shop to appease our fabric appetite, and to spend some quality girl time. 
My sister brought along a (previously purchased) pattern with her so we began pulling fabric for it.  She has a great eye for color, but isn't always confident in her choices. We ended up pulling 15+ bolts out and began 'auditioning them'.

The more we pulled the more I loved the fun color and bold combinations. I liked them so much in fact, that that when my sister suggested we cut double and I do one too, I just couldn't resist!

Quilt Stats
Name: I don't know what to call this one.... yet.

Pattern:  "Jacks be Quick" by Cozy Quilt Designs

Fabric: So many! A variety of lines and designers.

Date: June 2011-???

Status: Strips are cut!

Swister and I are trying to finish some other WIPs up before we let ourselves go further with this one.... but that doesn't mean I can't take out my strippys and pet and oogle them once and a while, right?

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I'm so excited you like the button! You are the first official smarty-pants artist to display the button! : ) And I love love LOVE your blog - the super-cute acorn labels and the honesty and humor you're blogging with are just awesome! I'm your newest follower and I'm trying to figure out how to put together the directory of crafty scientists... I'll keep you posted on what I do and figure out! : )

    ReplyDelete