Monday, March 24, 2014

Fabric, for $0 a yard!??

This set of string quilt blocks is on my design wall. 12" blocks, all from scraps and improv pieced.

And it didn't even put a dent in the scrap boxes....

It's destined to be donated to Quilts for Kids, but not before I practice some free motion quilting on it.

I am working hard to used what I have on hand, and to finish projects.

Just when my will power was waning, this happened:

I announced excitedly that fabric was on sale for $5/yd at one of my favorite online shops this morning. Hubby smiled, took my hand and walked me to the closet where my stash is housed. He pointed at the boxes, "fabric, $0 per yard".

Well played hubby, well played.

4 comments:

  1. Your hubby sounds wonderful! I like all your string blocks. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha brilliant!! The blocks are great and looking forward to seeing the fmq :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your husband is a funny guy, but smart too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol! I would just bid my time until the new Cabela's opens and we revisit how we spend our money!

    ReplyDelete