Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Tutorial: Scrappy Tree Ornament

I've done my best to give you a step by step picture tutorial, 
but this is my first tutorial, so speak up if you have questions or need clarification!

Here's what you'll need:
  • Background fabric (about 8x4 inches per per ornament)
  • Bright fabric scraps, in strips (generally 1-2 inches wide)
  • Ribbon, ricrac, ace, or trimming of choice (get resourceful here)
  • Regular Thread
  • Embroidery floss or thick thread (not pictured)
  • Poly fill (optional)
  • Random round thing to trace (I used a tape roll)
  • Fusible web (I used 'heat n bond')
  • Scissors
  • Pencil
  • Sewing machine
  • Iron
Ready to get started?!





















Love this tutorial? Hate it? Don't get it? Let me know!  I'm always glad to get your feedback :)
If you've used this tute, take a moment to SHOW OFF!

Just leave a link to a picture of YOUR creation in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I am going to make this over the weekend. I'll use it as an 'extra' on the gift tags for Christmas so they have a little ornament for their tree afer they open their present. This is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea, it will make a lovely christmas tree ornament.

    http://rashisquiltblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete