Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Prescription: Orange Peels

Well, I don't tons of fun quilty updates to share with you today. But I do have a photo from of this week's work in progress!

Confession time: I've been sewing while on drugs.  Fortunately mine would be of the lightweight prescription painkiller variety.  In my defense,  the Rx says I shouldn't drive or operate heavy machinery, but it said nothing about operating a sewing machine!
Anyway, the meds are working well, and I'm bouncing back quickly from my minor surgery.  But the drugs do make me a little drowsy and unfocused, so when I got a creative itch, I needed a simple repetitive block to work on.
Enter, orange peels.


I'm seriously in LOVE with these orange peel quilts, both feature scrappy low volume backgrounds and fun bright peels: Emily's Rainbow Orange Peels and Jessica's Scatter Quilt. I just saw that Jessica lives and quilts not to far from where I grew up, in NJ. She doesn't know it yet, but I am pretty sure we need to be best friends. Just sayin'.


I'm using the fusible interfacing technique from this tutorial by Emily.

Apologies for the slightly unfocused fuzzy cell phone photos. Let's go ahead and call that an intentional sneak peek into my foggy state of mind. 

So, the bad news is I technically started a new project but the good news is that it's scrap friendly, there's no deadline and I don't have to worry about messing up if I'm a little loopy.

Let's call this one a win.

Linking up:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha! You're funny. Love the Scatter quilt, too. Can't wait to see where your foggy peels land.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your comments in your "drug-induced" state!!!! Just PLEASE try not to sew over any body parts!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salivating at all the luscious colours you've got lined up there! Hope you're back in the land of the clear-headed asap :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it fun! I've seen a couple floating around and I just love them : )
    Feel better soon

    ReplyDelete