Monday, July 24, 2017

Turtles Turtles Everywhere

....and the award for most densely quilted thing to ever leave my studio goes to...
*drumroll*

...this Turtle quilt.

I don't know what came over me, a bit of thread fever or free motion optimism, but whatever it was, I was compelled to quilt this thing into total texture overdrive.
The pictures really don't do it justice. The quilt is so fun to run your hands over, there's pebbles and lines and of course these cute little guys. 
It was a ton of work and my wrists need a break, but I think the effort was worthwhile. This Turtle quilt wraps up my set for Quilts for Kids, and is at the post office as we speak.  Bye bye turtles, enjoy the trip and give your person a hug from me!

Cause: Quilts for KidsSize: 36 x 48"
Fabrics:  Robert KauffmanPattern: Quilts for Kids
Quilting: Free Motion pebbles, lines swirls and turtles - on my domestic machine
Completed: July 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment