Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Made in Color

2017 is my year, guys, the year when unfinished quilts finally see the light of day and hear the hum of my sewing machine.   Prove it, you say?

HA! I have proof... I present to you miss "Made in Color."
Shes's a beauty and shes's DONE!
The pattern and top was started as part of the Made in Cherry QAL and the scrappy collection of fabric is sourced primarily from the color wheel charm swap that I participated in OVER 6 YEARS ago. *bows head in procrastination shame*

The top was pieced 3 years ago, and finally broke out of project prison (my closet) and was sent off to the longarmer.

Well, I think she was worth the wait. I love the cheerful color wheel and how simple but striking the star setting is.  

This quilt is going to live with my Momma, who has seen it in progress, but did not know she would actually be getting it.


It feels right for this star to go live with the wonderful woman who taught to me sew and has always been my partner in fabric-shopping crime. After all, if it weren't for her introducing me to and fostering my love of quilting, I never would have taken the leap into the online quilting community!

I am looking forward to visiting the quilt (and my lovely Momma) very soon, but in the meantime, I can celebrate the extra space in my closet and look at these finish photos with pure joy!


Quilt Stats: "Made in Color"
Size: 81 x 81"
Fabrics:  Stash
Pattern: Made in Cherry
Quilting: Longarm Quilting by Diane Cerny
Completed: June 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment