Saturday, August 6, 2011

No More Trippin' Over Trains

I love my nephew.

I love how he and his grandpa (my dad) have bonded over trains.

I most definitely do not love tripping over his fleet of Thomas the Tank Engine trains when he visits.

It's kind of adorable watching him try to get in the door with 7 trains clenched in his little hands.

, at the end of the day, I didn't pay $20 on a pedicure just to chip it on Thomas....mmmkay?

Enter these beauties
 
They may not look like much right now.. but once I'm done with them  my nephew will have his very own drawstring bag to carry his beloved trains in.

Something like this perhaps?
{Photo Source}

And there just coincidentally *cough cough* happens to be a tutorial for that very bag on Mamaurchin's Site!

Okay, so it's not really a coincidence at all. It's me taking my college professor's advice to heart-
 "Don't reinvent the wheel! Use the resources you have, then adapt."
Thanks Dr. C, I'll keep sticking to that advice!


Inventing the wheel or not, I am sure of this:

 More trains for nephew + less tripping for me = win win!


1 comment:

  1. Hahahaa if only I could get both my daughters to carry their toys on their backs! It is a wonder that parents survive without breaking their necks let alone Aunts & Uncles. This was a hilarious post. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete