Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Ready, Set, Quilt Along


Jennifer of Ellison Lane Quilts and Sarah of FairyFace Designs are two of my blogland superheros.

Ellison Lane Quilts             FairyFace Designs

I could go on and on about them, but that would be creepy. So, the abridged version is that they are both fun people and amazingly talented quilters.

Now I've learned (not surprisingly) that the two are good friends. Better yet- they are teaming up to share some wisdom and inspiration in a quilt-a-long!
(Read more of the Juicy QAL Details over at Jennifer and Sarah's introduction here and here)

I will confess. I thought I'd be sitting on the Sew-along sidelines for a little longer. I am still new to the land of sewing blogs, and goodness knows I have a bajillion (yes, I counted) projects that are sitting in sad little boxes and bags waiting for me to finish them. BUT ...

The Across the Sea QAL is beginner friendly.    Beginner, check. 
It is also fat-quarter friendly.     Fat-quarters in the stash, check.

Seems pretty perfect to me.


This is the point in my scheming at which the voices in my head make their presence known...

One is reminding me that my WIP list was at 6 last week.  A much louder and more convincing voice says that Sister and I won't be able to work on our quilt anytime soon, and my other quilts are pieced, sandwiched and in the final stage of quilting. Oh, and what is the point of a stash if you never dive in and use it?


BAM!  And that is how I justify starting a new project.

Operation Raid Stash: COMMENCE!


Here's the first set of pulls.

What do you think??  I'm not sure of the light multi-color prints.
Is it playing it too safe to keep it to just all tonal? 

No comments:

Post a Comment